FAQs for Parents

In Philadelphia, call the Intake Unit at Childlink to request an evaluation. The phone number is (215) 685-4646. In Montgomery County call (610) 277-7176. In Bucks County call (215) 444-2828. In Delaware County call (610) 713-2406. In Chester County call (610) 344-5948. In Berks County call (610) 236-0530. Of course you can always give our office a call at (610) 227-0388 if you have any questions.

While many people mistakenly believe that early intervention services are only for children with disabilities, the truth is that the vast majority of children who receive early intervention services have no disability at all. Many young children experience developmental delays in varying degrees, and the law provides for free early intervention services to any child who is experiencing a 25% or greater developmental delay.

Once your child has been approved for early intervention services by the Childlink evaluation team, you can request Kutest Kids Early Intervention as your preferred agency. We will send one of our highly qualified speech therapists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, or teachers to work with you and your child to ensure that your child realizes his/her fullest potential.

If your child is found to have a developmental delay of 25% or more, the early intervention therapy services will be provided to you at no cost.
Yes. You have the right to request a specific early intervention agency of your choosing, to service your child. When it comes to support agencies for children, there are many choices. It is important to use an agency that is passionate about your child’s developmental needs. Kutest Kids Early Intervention has consistently recruited passionate, devoted, knowledgeable, and talented early intervention therapists and special education teachers. Whether you are the parent of a child with a disability, or a child with a developmental delay in need of speech therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, or a special education teacher, we are confident that you will be very pleased with the level of service and commitment that our entire child developmental team has come to be known for.
A parent with a child in the EI system is responsible for the following:

  • Keep regularly scheduled appointments.
  • Participate in early intervention sessions in the home or community and follow through with agreed upon services.
  • Call the therapist who is working with your child if you are not able to keep a scheduled appointment. If you don’t get through, leave a message.
  • Promptly inform the therapist and Childlink Service coordinator of any changes in phone numbers or address.
Please feel free to call our office with any questions. The phone # is 610-227-0388. You may also use the Contact Us form to submit questions by email. Additionaly, there are many websites that provide much useful information. We have included a few of them in the Resources section of this website.

 FAQs for Therapists

Yes! We welcome CFYs and you will work under the close supervision of a highly experienced supervisor. You can consider both a full time or part time position with Kutest Kids.
Please email your resume to careers@ kutestkids.com or fax to 888-807-6029. Alternatively, you may call us at 610-227-0388
Kutest Kids welcomes therapists that are currently providing services through another agency, however you must check your contract to make sure that you are allowed to work with another agency.
Independent conracting therapists are paid on a fee-for-service basis, meaning they only get paid if services are actually provided.
You must be licensed or eligible to be licensed in Pennsylvania for the specific therapy that you will be providing. Special instructors require a teacher’s certificate in addition to their Masters in education. You must obtain a Criminal Background Check, a FBI fingerprint check, and a Child Abuse Clearance before providing services. Additionally, there is some paperwork that needs to be filled out and some city and state mandatory training that must be completed within the first year of working for Kutest Kids. Additional information on requirements will be provided to you before you contract with us.
Our employees are offered an extremely generous compensation package. Please call us for details. While our independent contractors do not receive the same benefit packages, we have a very high compensation rate for independent contractors and they have the flexibility to determine their own schedule and service area.
Kutest Kids offers both options. Most of our therapists are independent contractors and therefore enjoy their own hours, work schedule, and determining whom they wish to provide services for. As an independent contractor, you will be your own boss and are free to set your own hours. You only work in areas that are convenient for you. Additionally, there are many tax benefits available to an independent contractor that are not available to an employee. We suggest that you speak to your accountant to determine how to best take advantage of those tax benefits.
Our employees are paid bi-weekly As an independent contractor you are in control of when you get paid. As soon as you complete a therapy session, you may submit your notes from the session to our office. Typically, upon receipt of your notes, we will send payment within 10 business days.
Please call us or email us and we will help you apply for services.
Request an Appointment